I'm a couple days late posting about it this year because I needed some time this weekend to plan the activities and add the finishing touches, but we're ready to roll now. I went to my local scrapbooking store looking for small envelopes, thinking I'd decorate those and hang them like a garland somewhere in our kitchen or family room, but I found this box instead...perfect!
The box was about $20 and I picked up a few cute papers too, since I knew I didn't have a huge supply left at home.
While the boys wrestled and played outside with Papa, this is what I came up with...
I like that this is something that will get stored with our holiday items and used year after year rather than having to reinvent a new system each year. And the boys couldn't be more excited to open the drawer each morning to see what's on the agenda for that day! So, here's what we're up to this year...a few changes from last year's list, but I think we'll have a fun month!
1. Peppermint Hot Chocolate with after-school snack. (Perfect for the rainy days we had last week!)
2. Play a game together after school.
3. Decorate Tree and put out Christmas decorations.
4. Write letters to Santa.
5. Make paper snowflakes to decorate windows.
6. Winter Craft after school. (From a craft kit purchased at the hobby store).
7. Make sweater garland to decorate the fireplace.
8. Big Brother's Holiday Performance at School!
9. Make popcorn and watch Rudolph.
10. Breakfast with Santa! (An annual holiday event with Grandma & Grandpa).
11. Send out Christmas Cards.
12. Make Sweater Trees.
13. Make Chex-Mix and package as gifts.
14. Make Chocolate Dipped Pretzels and package as gifts.
15. Deliver gifts for children at Diamond Children's Hospital. (Many thanks to Shine On Tucson for organizing!)
16. Make and decorate Christmas Cookies and package as gifts.
17. Make popcorn and watch a Christmas show or movie together. (Rudolph, Frosty the Snowman or the new favorite, Prep & Landing)
18. Go out for a treat: Vanilla Steamers and Pastries, or frozen yogurt.
19. S'mores in the fire pit outside after dinner.
20. Bundle up and walk through Winterhaven.
21. Go for a picnic at the park or a hike.
22. Christmas Party with friends!
23. Christmas Party with Grandma & Grandpa!
24. Make reindeer food & set out milk & cookies for Santa.
25. Merry Christmas!
Tell me something about your fun holiday traditions!